- My tweets are cross-posted to Facebook because I know they’ll fit. It doesn’t work the other way around.
- My blog posts can be any size, and are posted to Twitter as URLs, so the links end up on Facebook as well.
- I guess my Facebook entries could be cross-posted to Twitter as URLs but they aren’t usually worth a click! And it could create a feedback loop which would cause my social world to implode.
- Some of my friends reply on Twitter, some on Facebook, and some on the blog.
- I get email notifications about blog and Facebook responses. Twitter replies I often miss. I’d like emails from Twitter but am worried that it would be a bit…well… curmudgeonly, like those people who supposedly could only read emails after their secretary had printed them out.
- Most of my important communications are in Skype IM anyway, which doesn’t link to anything!
I wonder what this will look like in three years’ time…